Indoor air quality is a major issue in many homes, but do we really know the facts?
You will probably be quite shocked to learn that;
- Most homes generate about 40 pounds of dust per year for every 1.500 square feet of space.
- - About 40,000 dust mites, a common cause of household allergies, can be found in only one ounce of dust.
- Because they breathe faster than adults, children inhale 50% more air per pound of body weight than adults and are especially sensitive to air quality problems.
- The EPA ranks indoor air pollution among the top five environmental risks to public health.
- EPA studies indicate that indoor levels of many pollutants may be 25 times, and occasionally more than 100 times, higher than outdoor levels
- In general, indoor air is four to five times more polluted than outdoor air
- More than 15 million Americans are estimated to have asthma, including one-in-13 school-age children
- In the last 30 years, the number of people with asthma has gone up by almost 60%
- Over 2.6 million Canadians over age 12 and 12% of children under 12 suffer from asthma related breathing problems
Look for a cleaning company that will provide superior cleaning services wthout using harmful chemicals or excessive detergents that will just cause your carpet or upholstery to get soiled more quickly. Dry carpet cleaning methods come in many forms. Some methods utilize powders, crystals, solvents and even shampoos. Often, harmful residues can be left behind resulting from a lack of rinsing. erform more of a surface clean compared to hot water extraction carpet cleaning.
Don’t wait for your carpets to smell funny or look bad before having them cleaned - this may negatively affect your health and the investment in your carpet.
How can I help keep my carpets and upholstery clean between professional cleaning?
Vacuum your carpets regularly with a HEPA equipped vacuum cleaner. Clean entrance ways and high traffic areas more often and always clean up spills immediately.
There are two general measures that most people use to decide when their they need upholstery cleaning or furniture cleaning. The first measure is does it LOOK dirty, the second measure is does it SMELL bad? Unfortunately these tests don’t always tell the whole story.
Most furniture, especially in darker colors, holds up very well to daily wear and tear without showing clear signs of soiling. Aside from obvious spots or stains, Upholstered furniture usually goes years without ever really looking dirty. This is because generally soiling occurs in a fairly even distribution on furniture and over time the memory of what our furniture actually looked like when it was brand new fades.
Without regular and thorough professional upholstery cleaning, soil particles are worked into the surface of furniture thus contributing to premature wear and permanent fabric damage, reducing the life of your furniture.
For more information on how to keep your carpets clean and free of germs, click > ComPro carpet cleaning